WHO YOU ARE:
You are humble and understand the need to work side by side with others. It is quite natural for you to walk into a hotel and see the potential of the environment and how it could work for a variety of people, groups or events. Your career experience has been dynamic and is filled with numerous success stories of how you captured indecisive people and turned them in to a booking. You are known to walk the area to connect and drive business to fill those seasonal gaps and increase revenue during the peak season.
Paradise Resort Gold Coast is searching for an experienced full-time Sales Executive who has the heart and tenacity to hunt and discover new business for the newly renovated Paradise Resort Gold Coast. This role is a proactive sales role! In this position you will generate continued sales and be quick to identify and respond to market needs to fill the gaps and set the pace for future bookings.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Analyse business to ensure booking guidelines and group vs leisure business ratio is in the best of interest for the hotel; while communicating effectively with other stakeholders to ensure we exceed clients’ needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with relevant departments to discuss, innovate and support key service and product differentiation to attract new business to the hotel.
- Demonstrate strong on-going organisational skills in maintaining and documenting all pertinent information specific to group and transient accounts.
- Collaborate and problem solve with other departments as needed to book business into the hotel e.g. salvaging of accounts threatening cancellation, groups that have outgrown confirmed space.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the resort and competitor’s facilities, services, amenities, and meeting space so that you can match the stated or unstated needs of a client;
- Take ownership of assigned sales accounts and respond to specific market needs by initiating recommendations to the Sales & Marketing Manager for updates to pricing, availability, or needed services and amenities.
- Perform tasks and projects that support client schedules and sales revenue achievement that help the sales team, respond to walk-in site inspections, and meet evening and weekend appointments.
- Evaluate, solicit, sell and confirm business in assigned market area to meet overall budgeted sales and profitability; control dates, availability, and rates on guest rooms.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Minimum of two (2) years in a Sales role within hotel or hospitality companies.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule in order to meet client needs, which may include weekends or evenings.
- Familiarity and ability to read, understand and develop strategy through market intelligence reports to include but not limited to: STR, Travelclick and Mews.
- Professional proficiency of the English language in reading, writing and verbal communication.
- Ability to engage others in general conversation tactics to build rapport quickly; and can lead and adapt communication and presentation tactics to engage audience; displays adaptable interpersonal skills for a wide range of audiences and stakeholders
- Values the importance of making decisions with integrity, maintaining confidentiality across internal work groups and knows how to use discretion when appropriate.
- Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19
CULTURE & BENEFITS:
- Opportunity to be a part of Australia’s Favourite Family Resort
- Discounts on accommodation and food and beverage outlets
- Career development opportunities
- Subsidized phone bill
For further information regarding the property, please visit the website below:
Thank you in advance for applying for this role. Please ensure a covering letter and resume is attached which outlines your skills and experience regarding the above criteria.
Note: If you meet our skills requirements, you will be contacted!
Read up on what we've been doing...
Family Eats Free is back!
The best things in life can indeed be free, as we are brining back one of our most popular packages, “Family Eats FREE” for bookings until 31 July 2022.
Meet our mascot, Astro!
For 10 years, Paradise Resort has been home to a very special adventurer. Meet Astro, our on-site space explorer hailing all the way from the planet Bubbleton.
Winter in Paradise
It’s typically thought of as a summer holiday destination, but the Gold Coast is a total hotspot during the cooler months, too! Check out some of the events and activities you simply must do this winter – both here at Paradise Resort and around town.
Stay connected with us
The Paradise Resort fun doesn’t need to end when you check out. Did you know that you can follow us on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and even LinkedIn (for employment opportunities and industry insights)?! Here are a few reasons why you should…
What better time to treat yourself than on a family holiday? In addition to our on-site ice-skating rink, rock climbing wall, kids club and multiple playgrounds and water parks, Paradise Resort offers pampering aplenty. We really have thought of everything.
Stay and Play – How to spend your Experience Oz vouchers
When you book your Paradise Resort stay as part of our current Stay and Play package, you’ll get up to $400 to spend with Experience Oz – one of the Gold Coast’s best tour providers.
How to spend a family weekend on the Gold Coast
CEO Sleepout 2022
Things for pregnant women to do at Paradise Resort
There really is something for everyone at Paradise Resort – expecting mamas included! Here, we share our top bump-friendly activities for your next visit, from relaxing poolside with a mocktail in hand to free yoga classes and so much more.
A show holiday, every day!
After being blessed with so many holidays and long weekends at the start of the year, it feels like a long time until our next break. That’s why, at Paradise Resort, we let you live like every day is a show holiday!