Voted Australia’s best Family Resort in Australia, Paradise Resort is looking for a casual Pizza Chef to join the team in their newly renovated kitchen. As a Pizza Chef you will be responsible for, in an effective and efficient manner, preparing and presenting with passion, all food related guest requests as required, whilst maintaining strict hygiene and safety procedures.
Our BRAND NEW restaurant Penguin’s and Debbie’s Pizza Shack offers our guests a range of family dining experiences the whole family can enjoy. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the a la carte menu consists of a wide variety of dishes from around the world and features quality fresh produce! The successful applicant will possess the ability to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and serve food to the highest quality within a very fast paced kitchen
- Maintain a clean, safe and hygienic work environment
- Comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Maintain stock control and rotation
- Possess excellent product knowledge
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous experience in a similar role (essential)
- Experience in Pizza section (essential)
- A Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent to)
- Available to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends and Public Holidays
- Passionate about Health and Safety and high level of cleanliness/hygiene
- Proven experience in working well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment
- Able to offer exceptional and consistent menu items
- Assist with the control of food costs and the minimisation of wastage.
- Able to work well in a team and autonomously
- Effective communication skills; both verbal and written
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Willingness to use own initiative and exceptional attention to detail
CULTURE & BENEFITS:
At Paradise Resort, we believe our employees are an essential element in the successful delivery of an incredibly fun, energetic & memorable experience for our guests and their families which will be talked about for years to come. We aim to empower and support our employees through career enhancing opportunities and excellent working conditions. We reward, retain and develop those who possess the right attitude and wish to succeed as professionals at all levels. As a successful candidate you can expect to receive:
- Opportunity to be a part of Australia’s Favourite Family Resort and to grow with the company
- Discounts on accommodation and food and beverage outlets
- Career development opportunities
For further information regarding the property, please visit the website below:
Thank you in advance for applying for this role. Please ensure a covering letter and resume is attached which outlines your skills and experience regarding the above criteria. Please also tell us your most memorable guest experience so far!
Note: If you meet our skills requirements, you will be contacted!
Read up on what we've been doing...
“Vaccinate staff or hotel industry will perish”
“Vaccinate staff or hotel industry will perish” warns hotelier Dr Jerry Schwartz as he mandates vaccination for staff at Gold Coast family resort
Paradise Resort recognised in Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards
If 2021 was going to be harder than 2020, no one told the team at Paradise Resort Gold Coast.
Hangry by Nature share 8 reasons to stay at Paradise Resort
We could tell you all the reasons Paradise Resort holds the title of the number one family resort in Australia, but instead, we’ll let the family travel experts behind Hangry by Nature show you.
Your weekend in paradise all planned out
It’s the Gold Coast’s tourist Mecca, but even locals love spending a weekend exploring iconic Surfers Paradise. From weird and wonderful attractions to Instagrammable bars, plus natural beauty by the bucketload, we break down the best Surfers Paradise picks through the ages.
Why choose Paradise?
There are so many options when it comes to family holidays – do you go the classic camping route, hop on a cruise, or book an apartment? If you’re looking for a family holiday that offers it all, you’ll find it at Paradise Resort. Here’s why.
5 things for under 5s
Have small child, will travel. Not only is Paradise Resort a wonder for Under 5s, our Gold Coast neighbourhood is too! Check out these Top 5 ideas to keep the Under 5s entertained while you’re on the Gold Coast…
The teen scene
Whatever your teenager is into, there are so many options for entertaining this demographic. In fact, the hardest thing will be narrowing down your activity list! If anything, if you are in our beautiful city on holidays, it just means that you’ll have to keep coming back for more! Here are some ideas to get your planning underway.
Meet our mate, Dusty
He’s an explorer, a hunter and an all-round Aussie bloke, who is always up for an adventure and loves offering guests a friendly G’day. Meet Dusty, Paradise Resort’s mascot from the outback.
Make the most of your road trip
Long car rides can be taxing enough – add restless children into the mix, and they can become a nightmare. But with a bit of preparation, both with what you pack and where you travel, your next family road trip could be one of the best holidays you embark on! Especially when the destination is Paradise Resort...
How we take care of the environment and how you can help
It has never been more important to make sustainable choices, and we know that hotels have a huge role to play in saving the environment. That’s why, here at Paradise Resort, we make the effort to go green wherever, and whenever, we can.