How we take care of the environment and how you can help
It has never been more important to make sustainable choices, and we know that hotels have a huge role to play in saving the environment.
It has never been more important to make sustainable choices, and we know that hotels have a huge role to play in saving the environment. That’s why, here at Paradise Resort, we make the effort to go green wherever, and whenever, we can.
The Schwartz Family Company and the team at Paradise Resort are committed to conserving the wealth that our earth has to give us. We are continually upgrading our systems to become more efficient, and our new developments combine the very best in waste minimisation, water recycling and renewable energy.
Some of our established green and clean environment initiatives include:
- Planet Chill has reduced its greenhouse emissions by 60 per cent using a new, state of the art chilling unit.
- A majority of our lighting has been switched over to LED fittings, using at least 75 per cent less energy and lasting up to 25 times longer. They also operate on timers during the night and adjust monthly with sunrise/sunset times.
- Recycling bins are available in public areas for our guests, and behind the scenes we are efficiently managing our waste by recycling cardboard, glass, wax paper and even our cooking oil…
- Did you know? Our cooking oil is recycled and then turned into diesel
- and soap.
- Our Food and Beverage team has implemented the use of polycarb glasses which decreases our plastic use.
- We have eliminated single use toiletries in all guest rooms and public toilets and provide eco-friendly dispensers which are replenished as part of our daily housekeeping service.
- Our carpark lights operate on motion sensors, greatly decreasing energy consumption.
- Our plants and trees are suited to local climate, soils and natural water availability to save excess watering.
- Within our newly renovated rooms in Dusty’s Digs the air-conditioning units will
- automatically turn off when you leave the room.
- Our Kitchen has switched over to biodegradable packaging for most of our takeaway items.
- Our Kids Zone team utilise a lot of our leftover supplies and packaging from rooms and other departments in their arts and crafts.
Book a night (or two!) with us to see the changes we’re making for yourself!
Read more about how you can help on page 33 of Issue 9 in our very own Discover Magazine