As a Commis Chef you will be responsible for, in an effective and efficient manner, preparing and presenting with passion, all food related guest requests as required, whilst maintaining strict hygiene and safety proceduress
Our BRAND NEW restaurant Penguin’s offers our guests a family dining experience the whole family can enjoy. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, the a la carte menu consists of a wide variety of dishes from around the world and features quality fresh produce! The successful applicant will possess the ability to perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Prepare and serve food to the highest quality within a very fast paced kitchen
- Maintain a clean, safe and hygienic work environment
- Comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
- Maintain stock control and rotation
- Possess excellent product knowledge
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Commercial Cookery Qualification – Cert III or IV (essential)
- Ability to work across a rotating roster, including weekends and public holidays
- Passion for finer presentation, diligent plating and culinary excellence
- Sound knowledge of current food trends
- The ability to work effectively and efficiently within a fun and hard working team of chefs!
CULTURE & BENEFITS
At Paradise Resort, we believe our employees are an essential element in the successful delivery of an incredibly fun, energetic & memorable experience for our guests and their families which will be talked about for years to come. We aim to empower and support our employees through career enhancing opportunities and excellent working conditions. We reward, retain and develop those who possess the right attitude and wish to succeed as professionals at all levels. As a successful candidate you can expect to receive:
- Opportunity to be a part of Australia’s Favourite Family Resort and to grow with the company
- Discounts on accommodation and food and beverage outlets
- Career development opportunities
Thank you in advance for applying for this role. Submit your application via Seek. Please ensure a covering letter and resume is attached which outlines your skills and experience regarding the above criteria. Tell us about your signature dish as well!
Read up on what we've been doing...
Hat-trick of WINS as Paradise reconfirmed as Australia’s “Best Family Hotel/Resort in Australia”
You’ve heard about the Big Mac…You’ve heard about the Big Jack…But have you heard about the GIANT JERRY?
Paradise Resort Gold Coast revamp: Why Surfers Paradise hotel is proving ‘heaven for kids and paradise for parents’
A new-look holiday paradise has delivered on its mighty promise of a Gold Coast revival. SEE THE CHANGES
Top 10 Gold Coast School Holiday Activities
The Great Day Out put it out to you to come up with some boredom busters when you’re on the Gold Coast. So, in no particular order, here’s a list of your fabulous suggestions.
There is so much to explore here on the Gold Coast, and the best way to see it all is definitely by foot.
Discover Family Time
Paradise resort has an extensive daily activities and entertainment program, catering to young children right through to mum and dad!
‘Paradise Re-born’ as Australia’s Favourite Family Resort Re-Opens After Massive Upgrade!
The doors of Paradise Resort Gold Coast are set to reopen on 1 September 2020, with a completely refreshed look and feel.
Gold Coast Bucket List
Whether you're a vacationer or a stay-cationer, check out our list of the top 10 things you've got to try while you're staying on the Gold Coast
If you're vacationing on the Gold Coast with the kids, give these spots a try ....
Discover What’s New
Here at Paradise Resort, we know what makes a gold coast holiday oh so special – that’s why we’ve rounded up some of the must-see sights and must-try attractions to make this holiday your best yet.