The safety of our staff and guests remain our highest priority and as we navigate changes to our business imposed by COVID we will endeavor to make announcements on this page.
Whilst we do our best to keep you informed of any changes that might affect your stay we strongly advise you to visit the QLD Health website for the latest information and updates about current restrictions within QLD.
Thursday 22 July: QLD CLOSES BORDER TO NSW | MASKS TO CONTINUE FOR ANOTHER 7 DAYS
Friday 2 July: GOLD COAST LOCKDOWN TO END AT 6PM TODAY
Tuesday 29 June 2021: BREAKING NEWS, GOLD COAST TO ENTER 3 DAY LOCKDOWN
As per today’s announcement made by QLD Health the Gold Coast and other parts of QLD will enter a 3-day lockdown commencing from 6pm tonight until 6pm this Friday. Whilst we are still awaiting further instruction from QLD health at this stage our direction is as follows:
GUESTS ALREADY AT PARADISE RESORT
- You can check out and return home today or at any time during the lockdown to return home only as per advice on the QLD government website
- The resort will remain open for anyone who cannot get home during this time.
- Accommodation rooms are treated like residences and guests should only leave the resort for one of the following four reasons:
- To buy essentials like groceries or medications
- Work or study if you can’t do either from home
- Exercise locally
- Healthcare or to provide help, care or support
- You must wear a mask at all times when outside of your room
- Dining is considered essential and is available as takeaway only. You can place an order at the counter or via our online ordering system
- Anyone with symptoms will be confined to their room and is advised to get tested immediately
- Our Kids Club will remain open as child care centres are permitted to operate
- Our pool area and playground will remain open for exercise but social distancing will be monitored
- Planet Chill Ice-Skating rink and all other activities will be cancelled during the lockdown period
GUESTS DUE TO CHECK-IN BETWEEN 6PM TODAY AND 6PM THIS FRIDAY
- No guests will be permitted to check in during this time. Please contact our team via email on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date change
GUESTS DUE TO ARRIVE FROM 6PM FRIDAY
- Your booking will remain in place however should you wish to make a date change please contact our team via email only on email@example.com
We will continue to monitor any updates made by QLD health and will make further announcements as they become available. The health and safety of our staff, guests and the wider community is our primary concern and more information can be found on QLD Health https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/urgent-covid-19-update
Covid-19 In the event of a Government issued health directive for your residential area, a change of date will be permitted and a credit for any money paid towards your accommodation will be transferred to your new date. Rooms and rates are subject to availability. Visit our terms and conditions page for more information.
COVID Safe Plan
At Paradise Resort our staff and guests are always our top priority and in light of COVID-19 we have taken a number of additional steps to ensure your family has a safe and enjoyable holiday.
We’re using the new Check In Qld app and is a requirement that you check-in wherever you go. All you need to do is:
- visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld for links to download the app from Google Play or Apple App stores
- enter your details once when you first open the app
- open the app when you next visit us
- select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our code
The Check In Qld app is safe, secure and private. By using it, you are helping Queensland’s pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafes stay open, and you can visit us with confidence, knowing you can be contacted quickly and easily if there is any risk of exposure to the virus.