In the event of a Government issued health directive for your residential area or here on the Gold Coast due to Covid-19 the following options will be offered:
- A change of date will be permitted and any money paid will be transferred to your new date. If the original room type or package is no longer available a new room type or package will be offered and you will be required to pay the price difference
- A credit voucher will be issued for any money paid and can be redeemed within 12months from the date of issue.
Visit our terms and conditions page for more information.
COVID Safe Plan
At Paradise Resort our staff and guests are always our top priority and in light of COVID-19 we have taken a number of additional steps to ensure your family has a safe and enjoyable holiday.
We’re using the new Check In Qld app and is a requirement that you check-in wherever you go. All you need to do is:
- visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld for links to download the app from Google Play or Apple App stores
- enter your details once when you first open the app
- open the app when you next visit us
- select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our code
The Check In Qld app is safe, secure and private. By using it, you are helping Queensland’s pubs, clubs, restaurants and cafes stay open, and you can visit us with confidence, knowing you can be contacted quickly and easily if there is any risk of exposure to the virus.
The safety of our staff and guests remain our highest priority and as we navigate changes to our business imposed by COVID we will endeavor to make announcements on this page.
Whilst we do our best to keep you informed of any changes that might affect your stay we strongly advise you to visit the QLD Health website for the latest information and updates about current restrictions within QLD.
- Click here to read the current roadmap for easing restrictions
- Click here for information on travelling to QLD and applying for Queensland entry pass
Monday 11 October 2021: EASING OF RESTRICTIONS
From 4pm Friday 8 October 2021, the Local Government Areas of Brisbane, Logan, Gold Coast, Moreton Bay, Townsville (including Magnetic Island), and Palm Island will re-join the rest of Queensland on Stage 3 restrictions.
- One person per 2m2 or 100% allocated seated and ticketed capacity
- Eating or drinking while standing is allowed
- Dancing is allowed at one person per 2m2
Outdoors: 100% capacity.
Self-service food: No restrictions.
South East Queensland: You must carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave home, unless you have a lawful reason not to.
- Public Transport and ride share - must wear a mask including while waiting for the transport in a public space such as a bus stop, taxi rank or train station.
- Outdoors - you must wear a mask when unable to stay 1.5m apart from people who are not part of your household.
- Indoors - you must wear a mask in indoor spaces unless it is unsafe or you can stay 1.5m apart from other people, and not required when eating or drinking, seated or standing.
Wednesday 29 September 2021:
Immediate changes to COVID-19 restrictions will extend beyond the Local Government Areas (LGAs) of Brisbane and Moreton Bay to the Gold Coast as of today (29 September). View Queensland's roadmap for the latest restrictions, which include:
- You must carry a mask whenever you leave home, wear them indoors and when social distancing isn’t possible in outdoor settings.
- Anyone who has been in those LGAs cannot visit aged care, hospitals, disability accommodation and detention centres.
- Queenslanders are asked to check the contact tracing website and follow the health advice if you’ve been to any of the locations listed.
- Anyone with any COVID-19 symptoms should get tested.
Thursday 22 July 2021: QLD CLOSES BORDER TO NSW | MASKS TO CONTINUE FOR ANOTHER 7 DAYS
Friday 2 July 2021: GOLD COAST LOCKDOWN TO END AT 6PM TODAY
Tuesday 29 June 2021: BREAKING NEWS, GOLD COAST TO ENTER 3 DAY LOCKDOWN
As per today’s announcement made by QLD Health the Gold Coast and other parts of QLD will enter a 3-day lockdown commencing from 6pm tonight until 6pm this Friday. Whilst we are still awaiting further instruction from QLD health at this stage our direction is as follows:
GUESTS ALREADY AT PARADISE RESORT
- You can check out and return home today or at any time during the lockdown to return home only as per advice on the QLD government website
- The resort will remain open for anyone who cannot get home during this time.
- Accommodation rooms are treated like residences and guests should only leave the resort for one of the following four reasons:
- To buy essentials like groceries or medications
- Work or study if you can’t do either from home
- Exercise locally
- Healthcare or to provide help, care or support
- You must wear a mask at all times when outside of your room
- Dining is considered essential and is available as takeaway only. You can place an order at the counter or via our online ordering system
- Anyone with symptoms will be confined to their room and is advised to get tested immediately
- Our Kids Club will remain open as child care centres are permitted to operate
- Our pool area and playground will remain open for exercise but social distancing will be monitored
- Planet Chill Ice-Skating rink and all other activities will be cancelled during the lockdown period
GUESTS DUE TO CHECK-IN BETWEEN 6PM TODAY AND 6PM THIS FRIDAY
- No guests will be permitted to check in during this time. Please contact our team via email on email@example.com to arrange a date change
GUESTS DUE TO ARRIVE FROM 6PM FRIDAY
- Your booking will remain in place however should you wish to make a date change please contact our team via email only on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will continue to monitor any updates made by QLD health and will make further announcements as they become available. The health and safety of our staff, guests and the wider community is our primary concern and more information can be found on QLD Health https://www.qld.gov.au/health/conditions/health-alerts/coronavirus-covid-19/current-status/urgent-covid-19-update